Time Inc. Books sought management consulting from OBS when trying to adapt internal workflows so that the organization could successfully populate and begin to use metadata management software across the enterprise. From acquisitions to production, marketing, sales, and sub rights, the organization — across multiple imprints and geographical locations — sought to standardize its metadata management. OBS’s full spectrum of publishing experience made us an effective on-site “catalyst” for this change management process. Following this short-term engagement, Time Inc. Books succeeded in deploying its first enterprise-wide metadata export to its constituency.
- Coach in-house champion of the enterprise-wide metadata system
- Consult with department heads and company thought leaders, in person, to identify role and value of metadata in extant workflows
- Collaborate with champion to outline solution and related costs to implement
- Secure buy-in from stakeholders
- Prioritize next steps in incremental deployment to maximize corporate value and department buy-in
- Present solution to upper management